Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:28:53 +0000
Chuckle - even back in prehistoric times we knew the only way to broadband a
dipole is to make it lossy. However the reduction in field strength, while
greater than a typical trap or loading inductor, is not that great. My FS tests
show it to be a dB more or less.

But the mechanical problem of making a permanant connection between coax and
whatever single conductor wire you use for the extensions is the first problem.
 They seem to last pretty well in comparitively calm environments, but much
wind plays hob with them.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E