Re: [TenTec] Problem with 705 mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem with 705 mic
From: "Edward Crawford" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:49:48 -0500
  From: Mark Toussaint<mailto:n1mt@yahoo.com>
  To: tentec@contesting.com<mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
  Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 7:02 AM
  Subject: [TenTec] Problem with 705 mic

  I recently purchased a used 705 mic and it has a
  problem. Before I send it back, I wanted to see if
  there are some suggestions you folks might have on its
  repair.

  1. The mic came without a 9 volt battery, so I put one
  in and noticed the red transmit LED was on.

  2. Hitting both the PTT and lock switches on the base
  had no effect on turning it off.

  3. I opened the 4 pin connector and all looked good
  there (nothing shorted across PTT and GND pins)

  4. I put the mic on my omni 6 and when plugged in, it
  immediately kicks the rig into transmit and it does
  work, provide audio to the rig.

  When I open the base up later today, any suggestions
  on what to look for (don't have a schematic but can't
  imagine its too complex) ?

  Thanks in advance, Mark N1MT