Re: [TenTec] An Icom 7800 Conspiracy Theory

To: <Rick@dj0ip.de>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] An Icom 7800 Conspiracy Theory
From: "Bernard" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:50:51 -0600
    Rick:

        While what you say is true, just look at the price of a KWM-2,
remote VFO, station console, and power supply back in the late 50's or early
60's.  Collins sold 1000s!  Look at the price of a new bass boat or a set of
jet skiis.  Today's rigs are cheaper (relative speaking) than the rigs of
yesteryear.  I suspect even the IC-7800 would be cheaper if you escalate the
KWM-2 into todays prices.

        Of course, when you have other committments, that doesn't help with
the analysis.

            73

            Bernard, WA4OEJ