RE: [TenTec] An Icom 7800 Conspiracy Theory

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] An Icom 7800 Conspiracy Theory
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:14:19 +0100
Jeff has just brought up a very interesting point.

Although I've been a TEN-TEC fanatic for 30 years, it took me
nearly one year to buy the ORION after it came out.
The reason of course was "Peace with the XYL".

For normal people, the price of the ORION is pushing the limit
for a "Snap decision".
It's more into the range that you plan for and buy next year.

The 7800 is in the range of "sell your motorcycle first" or
something like that.
It's just difficult to justify to your family that spending
$10,000 on a little black box is in the interest of your family!

Now, in my bachelor days, it would have been a "No brainier" to
buy either of the above immediately, but I prefer to keep the XYL
and wait for the rig !!!

73
Rick (with Orion and happy XYL)