Re: [TenTec] AM operation (Jupiter 538)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AM operation (Jupiter 538)
From: Bill Mahaffey <w6eet@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:06:08 -0800
> I think auto-set was used with an earlier version of the
> software. With an earlier version the auto-set worked on my
> Jupiter with the last couple it hasn't but the set up is fine.
> Just set to AM, press the PTT and adjust the power out for less
> than 25 watts and adjust the mic gain for the ALC light to wink
> and all will be fine. If you make long transmittions on AM it is
> nice to have a whisper fan blowing across the heat sink. At 25
> watt carrrier it can get quite hot after 10-15 minutes, a fan
> keeps it near room temp.
> 73 Jim K4CGY

Thanks!

I have used AM using procedures similar to what you described
and have received good reports. I do admit to not being an "AM'er"
so my keydown time was much much shorter than what would have
required a fan.

Thanks for filling me in on the "out of date" document. I am sure
TT will give the update task all the attention that it deserves.
a <grin> goes here.

bill w6eet
--
Are you a libertarian?  go to <http://www.lp.org/quiz/>  to find out