Re: [TenTec] Corsair II warble

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II warble
From: "Edward Crawford" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:32:14 -0500
I have read all the replies to this post so far and I am still confused. Are we
talking about 10 Hz or 100 Hz?
The readout on my Corsair and any of the other Ten-Tec rigs of the same vintage
doesn't have resolution to 10 Hz.
The last digit on the readout on these rigs is in 100 Hz increments. Granted, I
have never used PSK-31 other than to
listen (watch?), so maybe your MixW thing has some high definition frequency
display capability, I don't know.
All the Ten-Tec rigs I have owned have been the PTO controlled variety, and if
any of them had better than plus or
minus 100 Hz stability I would have been amazed. I would question if any
synthesized rig would be able to accurately
display frequency to that level. Seems you would need some sort of commercial
frequency counter to get that close.
This was my concern about the other post that was asking about using his 544 to
drive the 2 meter transverter because
his synthesized rig was too drifty on CW; the 544 will be more likely to
compound his problem, from my experience.
If I am way off base on this, I will go crawl back in my hole.

cul. 73 de Ed/w4wvw