Re: [TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline

To: w4foa@comcast.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:09:12 +0000
Thanks Tony and Ron and others.  In the critical light of morning I
realize my statement made no sense.  Of course if the line is balanced
that will reduce radiation.   I guess twisting window line equalizes the
wind resistance in all directions also.  I use open wire so don't really
think about that as much.

73,

Rob/K5UJ

<<<Rob Atkinson, K5UJ, k5uj at hotmail.com, says,
"The purpose of twisting the line is
not to reduce noise pickup and radiation,
it is to help keep the line balanced." ?>>>

<<<Like they say, you can learn something new everyday. All of these years I
thought we were twisting the "ladderline" to lessen the "whipping action" in
the wind....I guess it is just accidental but I've been twisting my
ladderline all these years and and had convinced myself that the ladderline
was relatively stable even during fairly brisk winds, whereas before I
started this, the line would blow around like a "whip"....thanks for the
info.
Tony, W4FOA>>>