RE: [TenTec] Orion Jupiter mic connections

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Jupiter mic connections
From: "George Skoubis" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:03:58 -0500
Bob,

  I took a look at the mic connector end of my microphone cable and
noticed that I did not follow Ten Tec's diagram here.  I do not have the
shield connected to the microphone body on the microphone end, only the
audio wires are connected on this end.  The shield is connected on the
rig end as you suggest.

  I just wanted to give you credit since your suggestion about having
the ground connected on the input (rig) end only seems to work great in
my case and I had written that I had followed TenTec's diagram 2-5 and
connected shield to mic body.  Your email made me curious and I opened
up the connector and took a look.

  Thanks for the great information you've given on this subject.  It
would be great if TenTec led the way and introduced an XLR connector on
their rigs (they can do it in addition to the 4 pin jack for backwards
compatibility).

  73 de George / KF9YR