Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <orion@tentec.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:20:33 -0500
    Duane:

        I also recently received a new Orion, but I too had read about
potential RF getting into the rig.  I bought the hand held mike from TenTec
to help insure that I would not have the problem.  I think that the wiring
may be a little tricky.  There have been multiple posts on this reflector
about the wiring "problems."  You might check the mike ground connections.

         I also have an Alpha and do not have the problem you describe, even
at full power output.  I would also strongly suggest that you look at your
station ground system.  All of your gear should be tied to a "common point"
ground with a lead length to the outside ground rod as short as possible.
You may also want to try multiple length of ground cable to your "common
point" ground rod if your problem continues.

        I really like the Orion, but it is a different type of rig and is
taking some getting used to!

        Good Luck.

            73

            Bernard, WA4OEJ