RE: [TenTec] Re: RFI - Orion and any other SDR Rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: RFI - Orion and any other SDR Rigs
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:56:29 -0700
John, your post was excellent, but you should not discourage people from
placing their antenna as far away from a house (within reason) as possible.
I have had multiple occasions where I took a shortcut and placed a small
mast on top of my house and hung the center of my dipole from it.  The
result was RF in the house - not necessarilly in my rig, but in the radio,
the tv, the telephone, the heating system, etc.  It was also in the
neighbors' stuff.  I moved the same antenna about 20m from the house and
there were no more problems.

73
Rick