Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:17:23 -0500
In my case, the antenna in use at the time of this "problem" is one
that's very close to the shack.  I'm not blaming the radio - yet.  I
pulled the mic connection and the RFI disappeared.  So, I need to do some
work on the mic connector.  This is the identical setup which had no
problem on my Omni VI+.  Same wiring, etc.  (other than the RTTY TNC is
not connected yet).  Station ground is already single point common
ground.  Like I said, I still have some work to do - there are several
things to try yet.

Thanks for the input from several of you!

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas