Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:15:00 -0500
One other solution.......... use a balanced feed system.  If it is balanced,
no RF ground needed.

My shack is on the 2nd floor of a wood frame house.  The antenna which does
not run over the house is 75 feet away fed with balanced feed line.  Other
than 3rd pin safety ground, there is no ground on the radio equipment.  I
often run legal limit 160M - 10M any mode with no RFI issues.  No computer
noise either.  Primary power is supplied to the station via  #8 / 4 direct
from the beaker box to the operating position.  The reason for 4 conductors
is L1, L2, Neutral & Ground.  That run is about 75 ft.  There it is a
disconnect in the shack which allows me to have 6 duplex outlets, 3 on each
side of the 230V line to neutral, plus a 30A 230V for the amp.

73
Bob, K4TAX