[TenTec] RFI

To: <TenTec@COntesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RFI
From: "WD4K" <WD4K2@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:15:48 -0500
I cannot imagine why some are having RFI issues specific to the Orion. I
doubt that is has anything to do with the Orion and highly suspect external
shielding, wiring hookups and grounding. I have the Orion in the console
with an ALpha 87a within 8 inches of it, and I have used my Alpha 91B in the
same location. I use several Heil headsets, old ones and including the new
Proset. I also use a voice keyer sitting within 4 inches of the Alphas and
some audio processing in the same rack..I have never had an issue of any RF
from any of this, including the Orion and/or the 1000MP I use also use.
None. I do have the station very well grounded, bus bar, good cabling, 500
lbs of ferrites :), etc., so to me it sounds like some work needs to be done
on the station basics, whether using the Orion or not. I think the problem
is very solvable with a little work, one issue at a time to make sure each
item is well done..until the RF is history. Personally I would stop looking
at the radios and start looking at the station setup.
Tommy WD4K