Re: [TenTec] RadioWorks, was brainpower

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RadioWorks, was brainpower
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:51:41 +0000
Back about 1990 I discovered the Titan was a lot less cranky with a Radio Works
current balun between the Paragon and the amp. Since then I have made a habit
of putting one at TX antenna jacks of each of the successive rigs that have
been on line here. Including the PII, Omni V, the three Omni VI's, and the
Orion - plus a few mistakes from other marques. Things get busy behind the
Orion, for sure!

There's also a grounded line isolator at the shack side of the lightning
arrestors on each of the coax cables going out of the shack. I have two ICE
arrestor bars completely loaded for three rotors and seven transmission line.
They work and work well.

Perhaps oddly to some, and despite being quite close to my antennas, I have no
other ferrites on any other cable going to the Orion.

73 Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on