Re: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:45:32 -0400
Guess I missed it too. Bob, can you please (re)explain this "Monster Balun?

73/Carter/K8VT

NJ0IP wrote:
CQ K4TAX, CQ K4TAX....

Bob, it's your balun and your concept....you tell the story.

Mike, I've just started working on mine.  My biggest problem was
converting from PVC pipes in inches to PVC pipes in cm (what we use
here in Germany) and recalculating the length and number of turns.
If you follow Bob's instructions on U.S. PVC pipe, it's a piece of
cake.  I think I've figured it out for metric builds, but we won't
know until the smoke test :-)

Tell me more aobut the monster balun.

mike k5wmg

Scott, you need to read and heed Bob's (K4TAX) previous post. Dump the Windom, feed an 80m dipole with openwire through a simple Monster Balun (which Bob can explain to you) thru the 238 and you will cream the bands instead of your environment.