Re: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]
From: Mike Gorniak <gorniak@ncis.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:38:05 -0500
I initially had an RFI problem with my Orion. My shack is in the basement, and it's about a 30 foot run to the (2) 8 foot ground rods outside, connected via 4 inch copper strap.

The tower is 110 feet away, with dipoles for antennas fed with 7/8 inch heliax.

I went ahead and drilled a hole in the floor, pounded down a 4 foot ground rod, and tied that to the strap. This cured the problem completely.

I recently upgraded to 1500 watts with no trace of RFI whatsoever on any band.

Hope this helps.

73,

Mike
NM7X