[TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:48:39 -0400
N6KB wrote:
>If you have an iambic keyer, you can use a single paddle key to
send with it

K4IA wrote:
>I use a double paddle but not in iambic mode.

I've got to respectfully disagree with both of you. Perhaps it is the
way I've learned to use my single paddle key since I first got a bug in 1958,
but I find it virtually impossible to use a double paddle key. The only way
I can do so is to mentally concentrate on "locking" my index finger and thumb
the set distance between the paddles. Apparently I "squeeze" my single lever
key unconsciously, and of course that causes unexpected things to happen with
a double paddle key connected to an iambic keyer. BTW, I doubt there have been
any "non-iambic keyers" available for many years since they all will work
perfectly with single lever keys sending in "non-iambic" mode.

Count me as one who believes iambic keying is an invention of the devil.
In my mind it offers no obvious advantages and overly complicates the process
of sending good CW.

73, Bill W4ZV