RE: [TenTec] skywave BPL interference

To: eric@k3na.org, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] skywave BPL interference
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 23:11:07 +0000
Eric, from past experience I don't think any written complaint by itself would
be worth the paper it's written on. It has always taken a recording of the
interference, a couple of reasonably disinterested witnesses who can verify
date/time/frequency, as well as the direction the antenna is pointing, etc..
But I am working on getting things together to begin to complain effectively.

I have mentioned the problem in the local ham club newsletter, am working on
getting some more ears than mine involved in listening to the racket, getting
some people that I can call to verify antenna orientation - and hopefully will
be able to record at least an audio tape by the weekend. I hope I will be able
to record a considerable section of the HF spectrum shortly.

With enough proof of interference you have a chance of getting someone's
attention. Without at least enough proof to prosecute a court case you are
whistling in the wind.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

I have not been set up to record anything
--
Never squat with your spurs on