[TenTec] Orion 1.370 and "PTT in CW as"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1.370 and "PTT in CW as"
From: "JerryVan" <jerryvan@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:53:04 -0400
Hello to all,

I wonder if there is an anomaly in 1.370 with the new menu function "PTT in CW
as".  On my Orion I believe the AMP 1 and AMP 2 lines are being driven
inadvertently when set to NONE.  Can any of you try this on your Orion with
1.370?

On LCW or UCW and with no input being activated set "PTT in CW as" choose NONE.
 On my Orion the AMP 1 line is being driven when Main RX/TX ANT 1 is selected,
AMP 2 is normal.  If Main RX/TX ANT 2 is selected the AMP 2 line is being
driven, AMP 1 is normal.  This does not seem normal to me.  Why would the AMP x
lines be driven if this option is set to NONE?  Just to make sure that I was
not keying the rig in some manner I disconnected all of the inputs on my Orion;
MIC, both CW jacks, and the AUX I/O connector.  No PC interface is being used.

If this seems like this anomaly is occurring in other Orion's I would be happy
to report it to TT.

Jerry  N8BM