RE: [TenTec] Orion Finished?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Finished?
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:57:21 -0700
Here's another thread that can go on forever!

I hope the Orion is NEVER finished.  As long as it continues to get better,
my ROI with this rig just keeps going up.

Also, a word to all of you who do not yet (for whatever reason) own an
Orion:  Yes, many of us complain about this and that and most of it
eventually gets fixed, but one thing I honestly believe is that since about
October last year, there is no other rig on the market that I would be
happier with than the Orion.  Most of the minor things patched and fixed
to-date have not been issues to me in the way I work with the radio.  If
they have been issues to me, then they were minor - trivial.  Even the
(missing) PTT CW was just a minor issue to me.  I can live just fine without
it but I am even happier now that it's been added.  Notice I said "addid",
not "fixed".  And that my friends is what I like about this radio.  Nice
things can be added - at no additional cost.

Perhaps people continue to complain here because there is good reason for
hope that their complaints will be heard, and then fixed.  On other
manufacturers' user group reflectors, I can imagine that many have simply
given up complaining because the only fix is "buy a new radio" - except of
course for Elecraft!  Elecraft is similar to Ten-Tec.  I am very happy with
both, even though you may have heard criticism from me (for both) from time
to time.

I hope that the days of "erogant vendors" is finished - not the Orion.

Who knows, maybe SDR will return some good vendor-customer relationship to
all brands.

73
Rick