[TenTec] ALC Indicator

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ALC Indicator
From: Frank Skinner <f_skinner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:42:24 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all that responded. I called Ten Tec and they gave me another avenue
to check. The power supply might be the culprit which would make a lot of since
because I do not have a display when powering up from time to time. All these
problems have developed in the last week and the operation was flaw less up to
that point.

I have owned the Orion for less than a month and use it just about everyday. My
initial impressions are that it is a very good all purpose radio. I am not a
contester but try to use a radio to the best of my abilities. Since this is the
first new radio I have bought in 20 years, (last "new" radio was a TS-830S that
is still going strong) I was a little nervous about laying out that much money
for a radio that uses menus..... I have found the menus very easy to navigate
and the rcvr in this thing is top notch. Full break in QSK is great even though
I dont use a keyer (I have tried one but always come back to a bug). The only
thing that really irrates me about the radio (besides the problems I have been
having) is not the radio but the power supply (TT 963....I think)... The fan in
this thing is too loud. I am looking to pickup another power supply, espically
if it is causing the problems I have been having, but would like to ask the
good people of this list on your opinions of
 avialable quality power supplies for the Orion.....

v/r Frank (KA4JQZ)