[TenTec] Orion 1.371 wierd one

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1.371 wierd one
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:59:32 -0500
I don't see a posting about this, but I've been running 1.371 almost since
it came out but I've been busy and not QRV often.  Tonite in the middle of a
CW QSO while transmitting, it quit.  My Centurion remained keyed, but no CW.
I power cycled the Orion, and same thing - if I started to transmit, the
Orion would go into transmit mode, but no CW - no sidetone, no power.
Finally I did a master reset, and it went back to working - very briefly,
maybe a minute of CW.  Then the same thing showed up.  After two more master
resets, I was beside myself since this Orion is supposed to be our club's CW
rig for Field Day.  Just for grins, I reloaded 1.370 and all is back to
normal, at least for now.  This is just FYI, and no, I wasn't running the
dreaded spectrum display.

73, John