Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V & Jupiter Firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V & Jupiter Firmware
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:05:38 -0400
Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales wrote:
At 07:25 PM 7/7/04 -0400, you wrote:

Re: firmware updates. A Ten-Tec rep told me some time ago that the Argonaut is a finished product and no further updates will be forthcoming. I don't know whether this injunction applies to the Jupiter as well.

Not "finished" - but certainly no active working on the firmware at the moment and no plans to revisit it
at present. So while I'd say "never" would be too strong a word, we are not doing anything with the
Argonaut V in the imminent future.

>>>(I wonder what Ten-Tec IS working on?)

Some more neat stuff - but it will be a while before we have anything to announce.

Scott Robbins W4PA

What about the Jupiter, please?

If a decision is made to abandon firmware development will TenTec
allow sufficient access to the necessary data so that users may
make their own mods?  (We are Hams and such tinkering is in the
"bones".)

Given that the Orion, and what comes after that, are significantly
different in hardware and software it is doubtful that any
competitive advantage would be risked in so doing.

Also, what about the availability of discrete boards for the
Jupiter?  I know that I'd sure like to have a spare DC board.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e