Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ classic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ classic
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:33:32 EDT
Clark, I am with you.
I have both the Corsair II and an OMNI V and I will never let them go.
Just the fact that I can fix my rigs at home while the Kenwood and Icom's of
today have to go back to the factory for repairs is good enough for me.
I just have to wait for some spare time to fix my radios while others have to
wait for UPS and hope the rig does not come back with a big dent in the
faceplate.
I have owned Kenwood's and Icom's and find them a nightmare to fix.
And, I have not even touched on parts availability.
Yes, the Corsair II can be made better but the good part is you can do it
yourself.
Now, how many guys know the first name of the factory repair Guru like we Ten
Tec guys do,
And how many of those Guru's hang out and monitor a list like this.
See if you can call Japan and talk with someone like Scott.
Anyway, that's my two cents and why no one touches my hat and nobody touches
my Ten Tecs.
Dan N4VET