Re: [TenTec] QSK of QSK and QSK definition

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QSK of QSK and QSK definition
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:24:10 -1000
Hi Bob,

Okay, fine. I first experienced QSK with a Kenwood TS-440SAT. It was pretty good. I got spoiled and could not go back to slower "semi-breakin".
I heard that Ten Tec had really good QSK, so I bought a used Omni VI. I think it is fantastic. Now I would not be satisfied with anything with QSK slower than what my Omni VI has.

I see a lot of postings here that say the Orion's QSK is less than satisfactory. But then, I see some that say the Omni VI is no good too. So I take it all with a grain of salt. ... Anyway, I like to use QSK and I like the way it works in my Omni VI.

73 DE N6KB

Bob Henderson wrote:

Ken

Your observation is correct but..............

The kind of QSK Ten Tec became famous for used to be referred to as FULL QSK
to distinguish it from more pedestrian manifestations. As time went on we
became used to referring to FULL QSK as QSK and the lesser variant became
Semi Break-in.

The strict Q code definition of QSK remains unchanged but it's useage has
moved on.

Bob, 5B4AGN