[TenTec] Omni VI locking up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up
From: "Jay Schwisow" <kt5e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:59:58 -0500
I am having intermittent problems with my Omni VI (Opt 3 upgrade) on CW.
Keying it up on CW will sometimes lock the rig (not transmitting) and blank
the display.   There is a pretty good "klunk" when it does this.  Usually,
just turning  rig off and back on for it to reset and go on.

This happens into a nicely matched antenna 100 feet from the shack or
straight into a dummy load so it does not appear to be outside RF.

It happens with power settings from 50 watts to 100watts.   I have not spent
alot of time at 5 watts to see if it will happen QRP.  Has anyone seen this
before?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay - KT5E