Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up

To: "Jay Schwisow" <kt5e@arrl.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:44:38 -0400
Jay,

The behaviour you are seeing sounds like the overcurrent protection is
kicking in.  I encounter something similar with my Option 3 when I try to
tune my antenna using my LDG AT-100MP automatic tuner and I forget to reduce
the power output.  I assume that in my case, as the AT-100MP is cycling
through possible matches it trys a match that causes overcurrent in the
finals (see the Omni VI manual).

However, in you're case, you're seeing this with a dummy load so perhaps the
overcurrent protection circuit is malfunctioning.  It's probably worth a
call to TT service.

A final thought, try verifying the SWR at the radio connector from the dummy
load or antenna. Perhaps there is something wrong with piece of coax in
line.

Please let the list know what you find out.

73, GL,
Mark