Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up

To: "Jay Schwisow" <kt5e@arrl.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike_n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:08:13 -0400
Don't know if it'll help you, Jay, but in case you missed the semi-annual
tip, here it is again:

Your semi-annual Astron tip...

People come and go from this reflector. This is a reminder that many
troubles with Astron power supplies can be cured by grounding the negative
post to the cabinet.  I did it by removing the insulators from the negative
post, scraping some paint from around the hole and putting a lockwasher on
the post when reinstalling.  Below is my correspondence with them about it.

Happy August,
Mike -N4NT-