[TenTec] Sweep display freezing on Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sweep display freezing on Orion
From: "Carsten Esch" <carsten.esch@appello.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:07:54 +0200
... this is also my opinion!

The only critic on Eric in my point of view is that he gave the impression
that the rig is way too expensive in Europe.
He bought the rig from us for EUR 3.640,- (US$ 4.398) INCL. 16% VAT or for
US$ 3.791,- without VAT. Not too bad if you take into account that there is
24 month warranty in the EU, EU customers do not have to ship to the US if
there is something wrong, ... and of course he could have bought in the US
if he wanted to.

His first impression on eham.net is in my opinion appropriate to post too,
in fact Eric e-mailed us yesterday saying

..." I know the Orion is a really exceptional radio... When I decided to buy
an Orion, I know I will have some "problems" with it and I accept to play
the game.
So waiting for the updates to comes is a good thing making the radio even
better !
I will keep the Orion and makes all the software and hardware upgrades
(Filters, microphone, speaker, fan, ...)
I compare this radio to a computer running a MS Windows system... When it
runs, it runs like a dream... when it crashes, frustration raises and you
want to throw it thru the window ! :-)
In this case, I will not throw away this fantastic radio !
Anyway, I hope these little things will be gone in the future firmware
revisions"... I think it is not appropriate to flame him for the posting!

Maybe this will help to understand Eric's intention when he first posted
QUESTIONS and asked for ADVICE on the problems he found.

73sss

Carsten, DL6LAU