RE: [TenTec] Coax For Low Power HF

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Coax For Low Power HF
From: "Bill Rowlett" <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:31:38 +0000
Yes it might, but for ease of construction, a nonresonate dipole feed with 450 or 300ohm feed is hard to beat. I like to keep things simple.

Boll kc4atu

From: "n4lq" <n4lq@iglou.com>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:13:06 -0400

What does 44 and 88 feet have to do with anything other than radiation
pattern? I've been hearing a lot about the mystery antenna by w5gi. Take
a look at www.w5gi.com for details. Looks like the swr might be lower on
most bands than the typical CF zepp. As for RG58...As long as the swr is
low and you don't run over 500 watts it's safe to use. Nowadays most
folks are using RG8X or RG8M mini coax which is very cheap and can
actually handle a kw with low swr.
Steve N4LQ