RE: [TenTec] open source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] open source
From: "John Clifford" <johnclif@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:32:20 -0700
Re people screwing up their radios... just download the original
(TT-supplied) firmware.  You're up and running!

Re releasing all of the software as open source... I'm against this.
Instead, re-read my post.  If TT publishes the INTERFACES and releases most
modules as object code, then the user can only modify the areas that TT
wants them to modify, i.e., display code.

I'm sure the DSP code was very expensive for TT to write.  Don't make it
open.  Instead, let customers know that, if they want to write DSP code,
they need to write a DSP class object/write several functions with name
XXXX, parameters X,y Z, etc., and return values of A.

What's so bad about that?

 - jgc