RE: [TenTec] open source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] open source
From: "Matthew Kastigar" <mkastigar@obtura.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:25:05 -0500
I applaud TenTec for the great job they have done in engineering and support
of the Amateur product line.  These rigs are some of (if not 'the') finest
in the world.  And, icing on the cake, they are Made in the United States of
America (unless Tennessee has seceded from the Union!).

I recently had an opportunity to test-drive an Orion and like it - but my
budget has me driving a Corsair-II, an upgrade (well, I think so!) from an
Omni-D. Yes, I have rebuilt the VFO. I have used many other rigs, this is my
choice.  Yes, I know a lot has happened in the last 15 or 20 years and that
radios are MUCH better than when the Corsair was 'top-of-the-line' - but for
my operating, this is THE BEST rig for ME.

In my 'real job', I write (assembler, C and C++) code for PICs and DSP
processors - and I do not feel qualified to modify the work TenTec has done.
Would you reprogram the 'brain' in your new car, even if you knew EMS-2000's
or Bosch systems inside-out?

Thanks, TenTec.

-Matt  W0XEU