Re: [TenTec] Paragon behavior

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon behavior
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:13:36 -0700
Check the supply voltage under load, Tim. I had a problem with
mine caused by a bad external fuseholder (high resistance)
between the rig and the external power supply I was using. The
rig was fine on receive when the current was low, but the extra
voltage drop from the resistive fuseholder would cause the
power supply voltage to droop under the TX current load. Below
some supply voltage threshold (I think around 10volts DC input),
the Paragon would "whig out" similar to what you describe.
Since I replaced the fuseholder (about 10 years ago), the
problem hasn't re-occured.

Hope this helps.