[TenTec] Why N1MM does not support the Tentec file interface

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Why N1MM does not support the Tentec file interface
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
<I would suggest that an even better way to interface
N1MM with Carl's software would be to use a programing
API......

Duane
N9DG>

Works for me.  As to the programming interface
standardization, I agree with this premise as well.
With the creation of the API N4PY would essentially
become another "radio" supported by N1MM as I
understand it.  Since N4PY supports many rigs this
would allow a simple way to use N1MM and N4PY
simultaneously.  The advantage of this is if a
scripting language or a macro language, or even
Windows Scripting Host could be implamented to
interface with N4PY and possibly N1MM you could write
little routines to have your system as a whole respond
to single click commands.  For example you could use
the N1MM interface to aim the beam, N4PY to adjust the
Steppir beam, set the power and optimize the receiver
gain, another program to cook the coffee all with a
single click.

73

W9OY