Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: "Larry Robison" <robison@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:45:58 -0400
Rob,

I have had a Kenwood TS-870 for over 5 years and a Kenwood TS-850 for over two and a whole host of other Kenwood gear. I haven't needed to contact Kenwood for either questions or service. Maybe my situation is unique?

On the other hand, I have a TenTec RX-340 that pops and clicks on AM signals like crazy doesn't faithfully reproduce even a simple AM broadcast signal with accuracy and a Jupiter that get mangled with RF when I kick the AL80B on! I would ask if this situation is unique but I already have and it's not and TenTec knows about it!

I like TenTec anyway. I visited the factory and Scott took the time to give me one of the most fascinating tours I have ever been on. They are really nice people. Out of all of the coffee mugs in my cupboard, I grab the TenTec coffee mug every time! Sevierville is not, however, the Mecca of amateur radio. My TS870 runs circles around the Jupiter .. sure they are not in the same class. Then again, at less than half the price, my JRC NRD545 dances around my RX-340 and they are not in the same class!

My TenTec tattoo goes on next week but I don't see any reason for all of the negativity regarding "other" brands. They all have advantages and disadvantages and it just comes down to which one is the prettiest and beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder!

--Larry W8ER

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>