Re: [TenTec] Quite PWR SUPPLY?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Quite PWR SUPPLY?
From: "Paul S. Serio" <pss@tecinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:32:34 -0600
No noise from my Astron RS-35M. Quiet as a church mouse. Is there a possibility
that the surface you have it sitting on is resonant at 60 hertz? I remember in the days
of high fidelity turntables that feedback could be introduced by mounting the turntable
in a low frequency resonant position in the listening room. Attempts to reduce the
feedback were foam fads on top of the platter (to decouple the energy before the
cartridge picked it up) or similar devices on the feet of the turntable. Experimentation
with placement might be all that is required. Just a few thoughts for what they are
worth.
Paul, N5PS

I hate electronic stuff with fans in them and my Astron supplies both have bothersome HUMS. I want a power supply that makes NO noise. No hum, no fan, just 20-25 amps of 13.8vdc. Any suggestions? Oh yes BTW, I have a TT 262 supply that hums too! Not loud but still, I can hear it. I want silence.

Steve N4LQ