re: [TenTec] Decision Made

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: re: [TenTec] Decision Made
From: John Farler <jfarler@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:38:10 -0500
I had two friends, both good CW ops, that grabbed a couple of
the first TS-570S's out, and soon found that the CW operation
was less than good.  They seemed to send ill-formed characters
at random times, regardless of whether the internal or an
external keyer was used.  About drove both of them crazy, and
to listen, you would think they were making unusual mistakes
for someone using a keyer.

Anyhow, no recall, but Kenwood did work on the rigs for something
over $125 plus shipping, and at least one is still not happy with
the result. Think they blamed it on timing problems with various
parts of the rig.

I guess they may have cured it by now if others have the rig with
no keying problems.

K4AVX

Message: 5