Re: [TenTec] Omni VI TX/RX Frequency discrepency

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI TX/RX Frequency discrepency
From: keyer <telegrafiste@tiscali.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:46:54 +0100
n4lq wrote:
Sure. Just open the manual to the section about the TX/BFO board. There it gives details on how to properly align those oscillators. You can use a freq. counter or if you have a general coverage of know accuracy, you can listen to the oscillators with a short pickup lead to it's antenna and get them right on frequency. The board is located on top the chassis, rear LH side with the rig facing you. There are several trimmers. Don't take my word for it but the one that usually gets out of alignment is the brown one. It's the trimmer that you adjust while in "tune" or cw/keydown position.

Steve
N4LQ

Thanks Steve, found that, just looked and sure enough its the brown trim cap, C16 (ALTHOUGH THE TEXT MIXES UP C10 AND C16) the circuit confirms C16 the brown one to be adjusted in "tune" . I've just tried adjusting this but it wont bring it exactly on frquency, best I can get is within 200Hz,on 40m. Frequency is off on all bands by differing amounts ranging from 100Hz on 160M to about 500Hz on 10M.

Hmmm, have to think about this?

73, Deni