[TenTec] IMD Measurements - Yaesu/Inrad vs Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] IMD Measurements - Yaesu/Inrad vs Orion
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:50:39 -0800 (PST)
I did the "JI" mod to my FT-1000D. It cured my clicks
and destroyed my QSK.  I'm not that big on QSK and I
am interested in a clean signal, so I left it modded,
but the point is that the FT-1000D was a MSRP $4000
radio.  So where is the littany about what a POS the
FT-1000 is????

It was actually a pretty good radio, and I had a lot
of fun with it, but overall the Orion blows it away in
spades.

73   W9OY