RE: [TenTec] Centaur 811's vs 572's

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Centaur 811's vs 572's
From: w7kxb@comcast.net (Bill_Harris)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:34:08 +0000
      From what you describe, it seems that your Centaur may have an internal
problem causing  the  the same tube to fail.  A parasite comes to mind.
What is the Ep with the Centaur.  I would estimate 1500 to 1800 VDC, which
811's are very happy with.  572's are at home with 2200 to 2500 VDC (if my
memory serves me right).  Just plunking in 572's that will operate at a lower
Ep  may cause the tubes to have a bias problem which may cause a lower power
output as compared to the 811's.  This problem showed up years ago when guy's
were switching out the 811's for 572's in their 30L1's.

The above is IMHO; & YMMV etc, etc.

Wishing you and yours had a great Christmas.
Later
Bill_Harris