Re: [TenTec] Pittsburgh Christmas Carol

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pittsburgh Christmas Carol
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:35:04 -0500

Well, when I was on special assignment to AT&T in Basking Ridge, NJ and running around to various NJ hot spots like Flemington and Peapack, people were talking about "tomato poy" (which ultimately translated into "tomato pie" which translated to what is known here in the great Midwest as pizza). Joisey--ya gotta love it!

73 and Happy New Year,
Carter K8VT
Omni VI opt 3 + Centurion (obligatory TT content)

Ron Notarius wrote:
 The last time I drove "home" to visit my dad for Father's Day before
 his passing (home is NNJ, but the folks were in SNJ by then, but
 that's another story), we went out to dinner in Flemington NJ (which
 is about, oh, 10-15 miles from the Delaware River, which is part of
 the state line between NJ & PA). Without thinking about where I was,
 I ordered an IC Light. The waitress looked at me funny, and said
 "What's an Icey Light?"

 "An IC Light... an Iron City Lite?" "Is that a beer, or should I ask
 the bartender how to make one?"

 I settled for a Heineken. (Which is a better choice anyway, but
 THAT's another story...)

 On the same line... one time when I drove my girlfriend home from
 Penn State (her folks live in Greene County in the SW corner of PA),
 we stopped at a Howard Johnson's at I-70 & the Pa Turnpike. We went
 in, she ordered something. I told the waitress "I just want a soda,
 what do you have?" "Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry." "Huh?"
 <girlfriend> "He's from New Jersey. He means a Pop."

I could go on, but I've digressed enough for one night...

73

-