[TenTec] INRAD Omni VI roofing filter kit - success

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD Omni VI roofing filter kit - success
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:02:41 -0500

I'm happily enjoying the performance of the INRAD roofing filter kit for the Omni VI. It has exceeded my expectations in terms of performance and ease of installation.

First off, for anyone concerned about installing one, it's very simple and can be done with a decent soldering pencil iron.

I don't have a filter in my Omni VI NAR slot - it used to be my "Mute" button but now it becomes the enable/disable switch for the INRAD roofing filter. I don't have the means to do scientific measurements but in operation it becomes obvious how much of a difference I notice.

On 40 meters where the broadcast stations regularly read 10 to 20 over S9 I can hear the AM carrier disappear when I enable the roofing filter and the 1.8KC SSB filter. With the .50 or .25 KC narrow CW filters the QRM is essentially nonexistent.

On 40 and other bands near guys with giant signals I get the same results. It's great!

The true test will be made during a contest but i'm very pleased - I love it!

73 Jason N1SU