Re: [TenTec] OUT OF HAM BAND MODIFICATION

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OUT OF HAM BAND MODIFICATION
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:29:30 -0500
Jim,

Great tip, thanks much! I found the jumper just where you predicted, cut it and it seems to operate perfectly on 60 m. I checked it b4 I did a processor reset and it seems to be just fine. Is there a particular reason why a reset is required??

Sorry to say, no info on the Paragon II for you.

BTW, I put the appropriate offset channels in memory to make sure I end up in the right place, per the ARRL Web page:

This chart from the NTIA suggests appropriate tuning frequencies for each center-channel frequency:

Channel Center

Amateur Tuning Frequency

5332 kHz

5330.5 kHz

5348 kHz

5346.5 kHz

5368 kHz

5366.5 kHz

5373 kHz

5371.5 kHz

5405 kHz (common US/UK)

5403.5 kHz

In case anyone hasn't seen the chart.

73 and Thanks again, Joel, W1ZR

Jim Bull wrote:

Bob,
On my two Paragon's, the MARS/CAP/60M mod is accomplished by cutting/unsoldering the jumper wire on the logic board (Labeled "HAM")
and resetting the processor. The jumper is located directly below the
9 volt memory battery.

NOW, if someone can tell me what/where the mod is on the Paragon II,
I would appreciate it VERY much.

Jim/Ke3nK

Robert Lutz wrote:

Does anyone have the modification to make the Paragon transmit out of
band

tnx 73 Bob