Re: [TenTec] Out of ham band modification

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Out of ham band modification
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:01:18 -0500
Thanks Vic, yes Harry Vic has covered it nicely. The only problem with this arrangement is that in memory tune mode the RIT doesn't work. You need to pop out of MT and use the RIT, or manual tuning, just make sure you don't move much so you keep in the channel.

The filters seem fine, although I haven't confirmed that they meet spec yet, probably to ARRL Lab next week. I can get a full 100 W+ out, but you need to throttle back to equivilant of 50 W to a dipole to meet regs. My G5RV and transmission line loss means I put 80 W at the bottom and get the allowed output at the top. I have printed EZNEC and TLW output to back that up in case the FCC wants to see it some day.

GL and 73, Joel, W1ZR

Vic Klein wrote:

Just to jump in, Harry, the Paragon shifts the LP filters on a frequency basis,
not a band basis
(you can hear the relays shift as you tune). The appropriate filter is in place
when receiving 60m
and the radio works fine there. You need to store the frequencies and use the
memory tune feature to
select them (or recall a memory) and this band will be skipped when going
between the other ham
bands.

=Vic=
WA4THR