Re: [TenTec] Good faith & John Swisher KE4CCI (long)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Good faith & John Swisher KE4CCI (long)
From: "M. P. Haynes" <k4beh@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:39:08 -0500
Hi James,

This story reminds me of a service call I made to a midwest hospital
several years ago.  I was region support engineer for ultrasound products
for my company.  We had introduced a top-of-the-line cardiology
ultrasound machine and the Catholic hospital had bought one.  It had an
intermittant problem which the local service tech had tried to resolve
unsuccessfully and I was called in to "save the sale."  I diagnosed what
I thought was the problem and repaired it.  The hospital administrator,
Mother Superior Mary Margaret,  was a very intimidating, big woman who
loved to "scare" our local man to watch him squirm!  As I was leaving the
hospital the elevator door opened and in she stepped. "Oh, Mr. Haynes, I
didn't know you were coming to look at our machine," she said.  I told
her that I had come in earlier and she was n a meeting, which she was.
(Secretly, I was glad to get out without confronting her, even though we
had gotten along okay at a previous problem discussion.)  I told her that
I felt I had found the root problem to which she said," can you guarantee
that it won't break again," to which I replied, "the only thing I know
that is everlasting and eternal is the business you're in!"  We both had
a good laugh at that one!  Fotunately for us, it was fixed and they
bought a second unit.

Pat Haynes-K4BEH