Re: [TenTec] 253 lubricant

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 253 lubricant
From: <c-hawley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:36:27 -0600
I know the problem. I lube mine with the contact cleaner on
a rag (and wipe the turns). I use one of the Caig products
which has a bit of lube in it...like Preservit P5. Radio
Shack has some of this stuff now in tiny sizes. I have also
used a black bicycle grease...kind of like assembly lube but
much thinner on the rod when I had some binding but almost
wiped off to just a two atom thickness.
The Preservit P5 seems to work well though.
Chuck, KE9UW