Re: [TenTec] mystery Ten-Tec Omni

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mystery Ten-Tec Omni
From: Ira Franklin <k4ymq@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:24:11 -0800 (PST)
I have a Omni C and have operated 18mz with it until I got Omni 6 recently,
never had any problems. Maybe Iwas just lucky.
73's Ira K4ymq

Mike Hyder -N4NT- <mike.hyder.n4nt@charter.net> wrote:
Hi, Scott--

To have 18 MHz capability, you will need to add a different rig. Because
that Omni (whether B or C) uses a 9 MHz intermediate frequency, because the
second harmonic of that is 18 MHz, because various and sundry mixer products
produce spurs and other unwanted output in those Omni rigs, they are not
suitable for use on that band.

73, Mike N4NT