[TenTec] Ten Tec net; Argosy shopping

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec net; Argosy shopping
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:31:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi, everyone,

OK, I am now officially back on the air as I was able
to check into the Ten Tec net on 14.329.  Dudley had a
little trouble hearing me at first but then said I was
coming in well and he obviously copied what I was
saying.

Karma was working against me.  I wasn't on a Ten Tec
rig.  I was checking in to say I was looking for one
:)  I've pretty much decided on an Argosy again,
preferably a digital one this time.  I will be
patient, looking for one that is clean and has most of
the options installed, particularly the noise blanker
and filters.  Oh, and yeah, I'm shopping for a
reasonable one as finances are limited so this may
take a while :(

I'm just glad Dudley heard me.  I was running a
(gasp!) Shimizu Denshi SS-105S, 10W out, into a
Mini-Multi Antennas HT-3 vertical on my deck.  Yeah, I
know that's all Japanese. I'm working on changing
that, OK?  Look at it this way:  I'm back on the air
:)  With an Argosy I'll have a bit more power for nets
and scheds.  Besides, I always loved that little rig.

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

=====
Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637