[TenTec] Herc II idling collector current adjustment

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Herc II idling collector current adjustment
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:40:10 -1000
Thanks to all for the information. I have decided to open up the
Hercules, check the individual power supply voltages (and hopefully not
have to get into the 9420 to adjust them), measure the individual PA
module idling collector currents, and adjust the individual bias pots to
get about 500 mA on each. So looking in my Hercules II manual, on page
2-6 Figure 2-3 Top View, I see that it is going to be easy. Just take
the top cover off to get to the power distribution board.......Too bad
that the pictures in the manual are mislabled. The "Top View" is
actually the bottom view.

DE N6KB