Re: [TenTec] Herc II idling collector current adjustment

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc II idling collector current adjustment
From: "Phil Chambley, Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:33:29 -0500
Ken...

Your meter is indicating a static current flow that, by measurement, you
don't have.  That means one of the meter amplifiers on the distribution
board (or U5) is leaking.  You can learn which one by removing the power
leads to the amplifiers one at a time and see which one causes the mid-scale
quiescent current to disappear.  Then change that op amp out.  They will be
LM301 or 358.

Also, once it begins leaking badly enough, the power supply will begin
tripping out.  This is because the trip circuit can't tell if the current
draw is real or perceived.

Phil
VFO Stabilizers and PEP adapters for wattmeters...Check out
http://home.comcast.net/~k4dpk